Monday, May 23, 2011

Sick kids, new roosters, clean floors, Cheese, Good friends, Life is good.

I woke up and made sourdough pancakes and fresh chicken eggs for the grand kids. Eldest got to help Yogie collect eggs bright and early, so the eggs I cracked into my skillet were still warm from the hens. Doesn't get more organic than that. I served the 5 of them. Three eat like it was the best breakfast every, Eldest, who always says so, assured me that I made the best breakfast every. Grandson are such confidence builders, even we old people need that sometimes. Two of my little ones weren't eating well, one never does so I wasn't concerned the other is my best eater so I ask Booboo what was wrong, her tummy hurt. M had said hers had but as that is pretty typical with her I didn't really listen, well it ended up be a child calling wolf moment. Buga who had eaten almost all of her breakfast and wanted to be done, as well, said hers hurt too. I said they could be done when they were full and scrape their plates into the slop bucket. Buga took a nap, M and Booboo both threw up and took naps. So a slow quiet morning for them. The other two played their electronics and watched a movie.

I made a new batch of mozzarella, I just love when it stretches like at a good ole taffy pull. It was perfect, Sister had happened by and got to see me stretch it for the first time, she was amazed at how it went from curds to stretchy stringy cheese. I made it into balls and put it into brine. I cut her a piece and she just couldn't get over how nice and stringy the texture was, I told her that is why it is sold as string cheese. She and I  had a good talk about family issues that we are confounded by. We try to live our lives as simple and peaceful as possible, kind of reclusive even, and the gossip mongers in our family just can't stop trying to get us into altercations with others. We are strong and refuse to get caught up in the war. I am truly amazed how you can be totally uninvolved in something and because of someones malicious  intent you are the victim of hate. I tell you sometimes small families are a blessing, there are days I wish I had one, then I remember that there is love in a large family that out ways the strive, sometimes.

The grandkids went home, their mom and dad are hopefully on a new path, I just pray so. Poppie used the carpet cleaner and was totally happy with the results. We are so glad we invested in it. We hope it helps us maintain the carpets, but truly carpets don't go well with hobby farms. We had just turned the lights out and were ready to go to our rooms, to calm down before we went to sleep, when we got a phone call. Herbalist and her husband wanted to bring us two roosters that were causing problems at their place. We said they were welcome, we got dressed to go outside. They came and brought the roosters. Yogie was excited to have them, she didn't have a rooster. Booboo is excited to try hatching eggs from them in the future. Herbalists husband, Professor, wanted to see the green house, as a young man fresh out of college, he had managed a 20 acre green house that grew carnations so was excite to see what we had done. He gave us good advice on venting, as had the girls grandfather, he runs a green house at his house and sell potting plants and veggies. Both gave us good ideas which we will implement. While we were in the garden Professor saw our cherry trees and we told them that they were the old style that you could plant the starts from and get wonderful producing trees, he ended up digging up several. We also gave them some raspberry starts. He asked about them, they are thorn less and have large berries. He said that large berries indicated that they were virus free. I told him they were pretty isolated here, and had been here about 30 years.  It got dark and they had to go, but will be back for more plants, I think. All in all a good day and a good visit with relatively new friends....... tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to share your venting info with me! I got two Pie Cherry trees started successfully this year. Just thinking about your Mozzarella makes my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....