Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday morning, Gods beautiful sunshine is shining down on our lives.

I love Sundays and the nice sunny ones are a special treat it gives us so many options to enjoy. We have had such a long cold spring any sunny day is a gift from God, not that the cold isn't as well but the sun is a special treat. We will be working in our green house later, and since Mokie is working this morning, the girls, Poppie and I will be doing the milking ourselves so a nice morning to look forward to. What a glorious day the Lord has given us to walk in his light.

I sit here contemplating my life with God. I heard a service this morning where the Preacher talked of 8 steps to follow in this life. The beginning step was praying to God. We only get to the father through the son, which is the way I was taught and know. He talked about how so many people try to fix the problems in their lives and go to the Lord as a last resort but that it should be our first resort. That we should always go to God through Jesus, first. That he is the only one who knows his will for our lives. We do not have one person in our lives who know us the way God does. He knows us to our core and in our hearts, others can only guess at who we are. God will include others in the answering of our prayers, if that is his will, but he should be our first choice. He also talked about prayer being our first option, always, that when our children see us praying and the prayers being answered that that is the most powerful way to teach them about God. The church is nice and fellowship is building to their spirituality but the simple act of praying with your children, from birth, is the most powering gift of God you can give them, well not his exact words but the general thought or concept that God gave me through the Preacher. I was so uplifted at the thought of the simple idea, Praising God is what we are called to do, but I hadn't thought of by doing it we helped our child into it.

I am so uplifted that God spoke to my heart this way that the rest of the day will just be a joy to share with my family, the work increases the joy, and the communion with God sings to my heart. I hope you enjoy the day as we intend to do... Tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it awesome when God's message speaks directly to your heart?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watch the Christian worship hour every Sunday morning, and it too, really spoke to me this morning as well. Love that when that happens... and it is just what you need to hear, and at the time in your life just when you need to hear it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....