Friday, May 6, 2011

Soap making this morning, baking with the ladies later and working on the green house.

Our school used to have early out each Wednesday of the week, which was nice for Wednesday Church each week, but alas the teachers didn't get all they need to do done, so our school changed the time to the first Friday of the month, the kids get out for the whole day. I love having my little ladies home, sometimes they go to their grand parents house and spend time with them but other times we get a three day weekend which is super. Today we plan to do some baking, bedroom cleaning, vacuuming, soap making and work on Poppie's green house. The ladies will also spend time with their cousins and play with Excited so a full day of fun planned.

DC had the girls over for pizza last night with Excited. I am glad to have a fun new neighbor. She really tries hard and is trying hard to make friends in the community. She lived in a town near us for a short while before she moved here so is really new to our community. She is very lively and full of joy, a nice addition to our lives. Now Excited is a ball of energy and we are all just trying to figure out how to spend time with a whirlwind or tornado.

Yogie and I are going to make soap first thing this morning to get it right to setting. This afternoon once we are tired from carrying windows and installing them, the girls and I will make rice crispy treats or maybe more cream puffs to share, haven't quite decided but I am sure the ladies will have an opinion. I do love to watch them make their choices especially if they are different because they discuss and come up with a consensus between them. I have always made them work out their problems themselves with out my interference. I learned the first time that working it out as small children helps them build the skills, in a safe environment, to work our problems as teenagers or adult. It helps them be empowered enough to stand up for themselves and not become victims. A win win in my book.

I  read alot of blogs and enjoy the things I read in them; but have decided that I will no longer leave comments on the blogs that screen the comments. I don't screen (approve or disapprove) comments on my blog, I encourage comments and try to grow from the comments I receive. I wonder at the screening of comments, to me if I wanted to ready only the comments I screened and, I suppose, reject the comments I didn't like, I should just write them myself, isn't that the same thing, only allowing the comments I handpick? how odd..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....