Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thank goodness yesterday is over and tuesday are only once a week..

We started the day with gladness in our hearts that God had sent us such a lovely sunny day. Poppie tilled and I picked up the big rocks that came to the surface. All in all a very pleasant morning. Mokie had to be at work at 10:30 so the Cubbie Bear and Boy came then. Poppie let the tilled ground set to dry and we had coffee. I made the kids come eggs and ketchup, why anyone would eat ketchup on eggs I do not know, salsa yes, ketchup no. Son does so there is no help for them.  The morning was pleasant, I salted feta and started it on its process.  I knew I could not go to my CAKLS group, I do so love to go as it is some of the only adult conversation I get in a week. Not that Poppie and Mokie aren't adult but they are family and we talk, family, farming and kids... not politics, world events and just anything like we ladies of CAKLS do. So much fun to be a part of and there is the fiber art to enjoy as well.

Sister came to share especially nice news, can't share at this point but will when she says I can. I pray all goes well for her. She stayed about an hour, such a nice visit. Poppie had gone to town and talked to the owner of the Kubota for the use for one more day. We tilled a second time and the ground was getting nicer and nicer, we did get three full tills during the day. Just before two the pseudo grand kids came. Their mom dropped them off and they began to play. I opened the doe pen gates so the does and baby's could come our and free range on my lawn, no mowing yay, we are training them, as good as you can train a goat to stay on the yard and not come into the garden, some success, some not so much.

Gracie, Alex, Cubbie and Boy were playing on the swing playhouse combination jungle gym. Grace was swinging way to high and I ask her to stop or she was going to hurt some one. She and Boy are 4, Alex and Cubbie are both 2. She didn't stop and hit Alex knocking him off his feet and hurting him. I sent her to have a seat. I made sure Alex was ok, and let Gracie set and think, well she didn't do any thinking she didn't shut up long enough to do so, the rules is no talking in time out. I went to talk to her but she started telling me that I had gotten my puppy from the neighbor, I said "no, the puppy is not from the neighbor" She yelled at me in her bossy manner and said "yes! he is" I said "no she isn't and you are not to back sass and you need to got to the porch to take a seat where you can be alone and think of your naughtiness."  She sat on the porch awhile and I called her over to talk to her. She said she would do better.  She had been off the porch about 15 minutes when Cubbie started crying and Boy came to tell, I allow tells but no tattling. A tell is if some one is hurt or in danger, tattle is whining telling of nonsense. Boy said "Gracie, bit Cubbie"  I went over to check Cubbie, sure enough a bite mark, I ask Gracie if she bit Cubbie she lied to me "no," I told her if she was lying to me she would be in alot more trouble. I asked again, She said she did. I was frustrated. She didn't have her shoes on which, as she loses them all the time, is a rule to keep them on, I rarely spank other peoples kids or my grand kids but do on occasion but didn't want to spank her at this point. I ask her if she liked to bite, she said she did, I said ok you can bit on soap and will see if you like that, I goat a plain bar of oatmeal soap and had her bite it, She did said she like it and chewed it and swallowed it. I was not happy, she has no discipline at home, rules the roost and calls her dad a dickhead, so I was at a loss for how to get through to her. I told her go to the porch, take a seat and if she took off her shoes again I would throw them away. She said you can't they are new.  I told her if you take them off again I will throw them in the big trash can at the end of the driveway.  She sat for awhile on the porch, I called her over and spoke with her about being kind to the other kids, no biting and to say sorry to Cubbie.  She was playing with the other kids and about half hour later she was swinging and threw her shoes off. I stopped picking rocks out of the garden, walked over to pick up the shoes, told her to set on the porch in the time out seat, which has good view of the trash can at the end of the driveway. I walked to the end of the drive opened the trash can and threw the shoes into it, it had been dump earlier in the day so the shoe were all that was in it. She started screaming and crying. She said "I don't have any more new shoes, just old ones, " I told her good she would have something to wear next time she came she was a lucky little girl"  She sat on the porch awhile, seemed to be nicer so I let her play with the kids. I went to make dinner, she spent more time in the corner, and on the porch, before I served them all spaghetti and corn for dinner. Amazingly all the children eat the food right up, Gracie and Alex usually don't as their mother doesn't cook and serves them alot of junk food. But all 6 kids, my girls were home by now, ate everything and went to play.

Gracie is always a handful on the first day back from being at home for the weekend with her parents. Mokie's new work hours might just kill me before I get a handle on Gracie. Mokie's dog also tore up one of Poppes' seats, so he was not happy, all and all a long day.  I gave Gracie back her shoes and told her that was her one chance next time, the garbage man would take them away, I hope she remembers she is as smart as a whip, and her parents aren't she runs circles around them. No kids today, well maybe Cubbie and Boy but no big problems, I hope..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....