Thursday, August 2, 2012

Chick-fil-A, freedom of speach, do you practice what you preach?

Yesterday was a win for freedom of speech in so many ways.  I am not sure that the mainstream news media covered it.  I no longer watch it.  I was an NBC watcher for a long number of years, I watched their morning show and the evening news but I found that I had become more and more disheartened with it. I finally gave it up as the liberal drivel it is because of their cruel treatment of Anne Curry.  I also was not happy with the way the local NBC channel treated our dear Monte.  I missed his fun care free start to my morning.  His leaving prompted my reality check on why I would want to endure the liberal bias of NBC and when I search my soul I found that I didn't want to and didn't have to endure their worship of Obama and all things liberal so I no longer under any circumstance watch their news and I have found that their programing in general is not to my taste.  I have changed almost all of my news watching to the FOX news network.  I had liked it and watched it for sometime but find the more I watch the more refreshing it is so it runs about 24 seven in my house.  I have also found that the kids tend to play outside in the sunshine when I don't allow it to be turned to a different channel without permission.  Win win in my book, though to be honest my kids aren't that big of TV watchers to begin with, we have lives.  They will watch news sometimes anyway with me.  They got 5 kinectse games for Christmas and at least 2 of them are still in their wrappers so not big gamers either.  They have animals and kids to play with so actually are interactive kids and I don't mean with something electronic.

I do want to say how proud I am the Mike Huckabee started the support Chick-fil-A movement that came to accumulation yesterday.  He made a plea to the country and the country stepped up.  Some people supported the business for the marriage between one woman and one woman aspect but alot of people, people who are homosexual or are in support of gay marriage supported it for the freedom of speech aspect.  They stood up because it was the right thing to do and because even if you don't agree with someone it is still their right, in this country, to voice there opinion and if you don't support their right  to it  you just might loose your right to it.  That is why it is called freedom of speech, a cherished right we still enjoy.  It was appalling how many liberal Mayors came out condemning Chick-fil-A and tried to run them out of their communities.  Where is there sense of reality and since when does freedom of speech no longer exist in their cities?  Mr. Cathy did not stand in his business and condemn gay people in his stores, he has not treated them badly, he has never insulted them or been discourteous to them. His company treats all peoples that come to his business the same, as he should.   He simply, in an interview, not at his place of work, stated his family religious values, values he lives by and honors in his business, and he simply stated he did not support gay marriage.  The liberal media, and several mayors, went crazy and overstepped their bounds.  They forgot that it is the right of the individual to have freedom of speech if you don't agree you have the right to speak out about it; but it is illegal to run a business out of your town because of the personal religious beliefs of the owner.  I might add that all of these Obama loving mayors didn't have a problem with Obama before he miraculously evolved to his new stance on gay marriage.  Did they ostracize him after he voiced  his belief against gay marriage right up until he needed the gay vote and flip flopped a couple months back, once Joe Biden stepped in it again, no, they didn't.  I know I digressed again.  Funny how these same mayors aren't trying to run Starbucks or Amazon out of their cities because their CEO's have voiced their opinions for gay marriage in they personal life, isn't that a double standard? Oh, I forgot the liberal media doesn't care as long as they support their guys and their agendas.  Did you hear the audacity of Harry Reid spreading a rumor of an anonymous source about Romney?  Since when is that journalism? aren't they supposed to check and recheck the facts?  No, I think that in this day and age the liberal media forgot how to do anything but promote the agenda of the liberal intolerant.  It does amaze me that the liberal left pride themselves on their tolerance, yay right, as long as it is tolerance for their agenda.  They bash Christians for their believe in marriage and God, and Christian intolerance?  really? we are the ones that are the intolerant?  Christians at least have always been honest about their views and don't play dirty when someone has a different view.  I know their are extremists but in the end are they really Christians or have they been overcome by evil?  If a Christian doesn't follow God's teaching are they really Christian? 

I do so have a problem with Christians that are not what they preach.  I don't think God called us to be one thing in Church and another thing in our daily lives.  I think the Bible teaches us to be as Christ like as possible, which is works.   Faith without works is dead.  James 2:14-26
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my[b] works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?[c] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”[d] And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Okay, I am done for today, I think that that is enough food for thought for anyone.  I have obviously had a lot of time to think and my mind is reeling over many thoughts that have come to mind.  Maybe it was the three hours we spent picking huckleberries yesterday.  The woods always makes me closer to God and I had lots of time to mull over things that had come up in the last few days.  I do know that you should live, and do live, even if you don't know it,  your life by your true beliefs.  I would hope that I would not have to tell you I was a Christian because if I do I am surely not living my life like one, my life should show it. God's blessings and love should be seen in my life, if not I fall short of his will for me..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....