Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Zucchini pineapple, 5 bean salad today, and Poppie got saved.

A Glorious day yesterday was, Poppie got saved but since he is a private person and this is so new to him I am not to blog about it, yet, I can respect that so all I can say is how wonderful and glorious the Lord is and how he works his will in our lives.  Amen.

I had a nice morning with Cubbie she had her first day of home school.  She liked the time she spent with Preschool.  They got to know one another and began to build a teacher student relationship.  Cubbie is not a wilting flower by any ones description so before long she will be in her element and leading the way to wondrous experiences in learning.  It was fun to get to share this time with her.  I get to be grandma and what a blessing that is.

I canned up my zucchini pineapple yesterday.  I ended up with 19 quarts of crushed.  I would like to make up some chunked this year, I haven't tried that before but think that I shall try it to be different.  I will be able to make stir fry's with it that way.  The recipe is very easy.  You grind 4 quarts of zucchini, I used a food processor but you can use a grinder.  It just has to be textured similarly to crushed pineapple.  You mix in 46 ounces of pineapple juice,  I preferred the frozen concentrate but the canned will work.  I used to make it with crushed pineapple as they did in the 70's but it is much better with the concentrate so no more crushed pineapple for me.  You add 1 and a half cups of lemon juice, fresh, frozen or canned seems to work equally as well.  Lastly 3 cups of sugar.  I 3 timesed the batch.  You put it in a big ole pot and cook to boil then simmer for 20 minutes.  It can be eaten at this point.  Bubbles couldn't get enough of it and let me spoon feed it to her.  She is in her independent stage of eating, almost 9 months, so that she let me feed it to her said it was big on her list of likes.  The girls both gave it a thumbs up so I put it in sterile jars, and water bath processed it for 25 minutes.  I gifted one jar to Bubbles and one to Belle, the rest filled up one of my canning cupboards so now to fill up the next one.  Even when I get a my cellar next year I have so many plans for it that I will still use all my canning cupboards, it is a good thing they will hold several hundred jars of food.  Today I am making 5 bean salad, Booboo is worried we will run out so making a huge batch about the same amount as the crushed pineapple so hope to get about the same 19 or 20 jars.  Wish me luck. 

I can't wait until Sunday this week, Poppie will be getting baptised and that will be such a glorious day in my life.  I am so proud of him, he is so blessed by the Lord and this is wonderful news and a wondrous time in our lives.  I am truly a blessed woman.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....