Sunday, December 30, 2012

Casper and Wendy.....

Several months ago Herbalist told me her cats had had two siamese cross kittens, little orange tipped ones.  I have a soft spot for the siamese crosses.  The last couple of years I have gotten a couple pairs,  Sandy and Gary II.  I got them fixed and Sandy, the female disappeared.  I then got Sunny and Snowy, got them fixed and Snowy, the female disappeared.  Gary the first, Sandy and Gary II's daddy had come up missing as well, right after I got him fixed.  I am not sure but sort of a pattern, maybe.  I digress.  Herbalsit told me of the two little ones that were born.  I was to get them when the were old enough.  Somehow it slipped our minds.  Poppie told me he saw one of them and the dog had gotten ahold of it and it walked like Saddie Sue, but he felt she is much worse.  I kind of forgot about them.  Mokie was out feeding rabbits and brought home the kitten that didn't get hurt by the dog.  She was amazing, she was a barn cat that had never been held and she took to being in the house and people like a duck to water.  She is a nice little kitten and even puts up with Bubbles, her name is Casper.  Mokie gave me reports of the other kitten as she was out feeding rabbit.  She said she didn't think the other kitten was any worse at getting around than Saddie Sue and had healed from the dog attack.  I told her if she could catch her I would take her.  She couldn't catch her after trying several times.  Yesterday she brought her home.  Professor had caught her.  She had a terrible cold in her eyes and sinuses, do cats have sinuses?  She gave her to me, she clung to me and dug her claws in deep.  I petted her a long time and put eye drops in her eyes.  Casper had had a little cold when she came but nothing like this.  You can feel in her back where her spine was damaged.  Saddie Sue had a broken pelvis that didn't heal right.  Wendy, that is what we called her, you know Casper and Wendy from Casper the friendly ghost.  Anyway, she can get around and Professor thought better every day, Poppie is not so sure she is any better than the first time he saw her.  We put her in the bathroom in a bed with food and drink for the night, oh, and the cat box.  This morning she had escaped when one of the girls went pottie during the night.  She was in the laundry all the way across the house so does move around when she needs to.  Booboo picked her up and got clawed but only because she was afraid of the cat and didn't hold her securely.  She soon cuddled up and is almost as calm as Casper was, still amazes me as I have gotten older barn kittens before and they are usually nasty little creatures.  She likes to be cuddled and doesn't move much.  Saddie Sue has taken an interest in her, maybe birds of a feather feel it in each other.  Poppie was even cuddling her.  She has a nasty cold and we hope she survives it but if not she will be warm and loved if she doesn't.  Death is as much a part of life as life is.   She is the saddest looking little thing, and Poppie says Bubbles and Cubbie are not allowed to touch her.  She has a home with us, but isn't that one of our failings here?  We are definitely a managery of unwanted creatures, well unwanted before they came here.  The Lord does say to help the weak and less fortunate doesn't he, I am sure animals count..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....