Sunday, November 27, 2011

Holding on to tight destroys relationships, giving it all to Christ the only true path.

I think that we get so catch up in our daily life and our needs that sometimes we forget that we are not in this life alone.  God never intended us to be alone in this life.  We are all searching for that what completes us, or the who that completes us.  I luckily was able to have found Poppie at a very young age and he is what I think of as the who that completes me but I am and have been wrong most of my life in that.  The who that completes me is God, and having God as my true other half is what gave me the blessing of Poppie.  I see so many people who long for so many things in their lives and it just never seems to happen for them. I too long for things, and being a bit of a fatalist I don't dwell on the longing for what I can not have to long.  I think that we sometimes fail to remember that all our blessings come from God. That through God we can have anything he chooses to bless us with.  We try to do for ourselves, and get by in such away that we are the driving forces, what we forget to let God bless us.  We have to learn to let go of our will and do God's will and the blessings will come.  God wants to bless us and we need to be able to be blessed.  I long for friends so much of the time, I have friends but they like me are busy with their own lives and I forget to take the time for my friends. I try sometimes to hold on to friendships so tightly that like the landowner, in Luke 12:13-21, I lose what means the most to me.  I do the same with family.  I am not greedy with my material things, I never have been I think that my father instilled that in me in a way that truly finds pleasing with God. I truly would give you the shirt off my back and not look back for it.   I fail to meet the Lords will in my friendships and relationships.  I need to stop hanging on so tightly so that the Lord can bless me.  I do know that this year, and in many way through my blog, I have connected with God on a level that I have failed to most of my life.  By talking to the Lord and studying what he wants me to do with the blessing he sends me I am being more blessed everyday.  I listen to his voice in a way I hadn't for so long and he blesses me more each day for having done so. 

Luke 12:13-21

[13] Someone in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me."

[14] Jesus replied, "Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?" [15] Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."

[16] And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. [17] He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.'

[18] "Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. [19] And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." '

[20] "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?'

[21] "This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God."

I know some of you are wondering why I would compare the Landowner parable with my friendships, the reason is that I am not greedy with the material things I have in this life. I can and do share what I have with anyone who needs it, sometime to the point where I don't know where I will get enough food for my kids tomorrow, and God blesses me; but it is friendships and family that I try to hang on to tightly too.  I forget that when you love something you need to set it free, if it loves you it will come back to you if it doesn't it never did.  I so cherish time with my friends that I can't remember to open myself up to allowing them to be my friends, I hang on so tight I lose them and God can't bless me.  I do the same with my family, and instead of them coming to me as a friend they see me as a chore.  I don't open myself up to letting them be with me, the Lord can't not bless me there either.  I have to get to a place where he can bless me, I have to let go so I can be blessed.  I am trying and have made great strides in that this year.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....