Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Donuts, Second week of baskets, our tub runneth over......

Today there will be no pre-school for Cubbie.  Last night Pre-school let us know that she had been attacked by a dog.  She had to have stitches and will be able to be at the bi-weekly group pre-school on Friday.  She got bit in the face and is on the mend.  All my thoughts and prayers are with her as she heals, it might have some  complications in the future and I hope all works out well in the end.  It is so sad when a family pet hurts someone.  Both the victim and the owners are devastated, one physically and both mentally, the end result is never good.

I made donuts for the Ladies, Poppie and the grands yesterday.  Bug doesn't like donuts, he doesn't like anything sweet much so we were not saddened that he did not share in our treat.  I made a cross between the family spudnut recipe and a sourdough donut recipe, both of which I have made on their own but the combo was better than either recipe I had made before so a great thing.  I was just getting ready to fry them when Booboo came home from school. She was so excited and jumped in both feet to help me.  She helped make up the glaze.  I cut all the donuts, and heated the oil.  They raised especially well, the combo recipe definitely good, I will be writing it down in our own family recipe book, you know the one where we acknowledge all the old recipes and the new ones we come up with.  I actually have one in it that Bug hand wrote, it is a silly recipe, more of a combination of cans and stuff from can's but he proudly wrote it in. "Ass Burn Chili"  I guess it can stay more for posterity than me ever using it.   Some times one can do nothing more than shake you head and wonder....  I digress.  The donuts were light, fluffy and yummy.  I made two jelly filled ones for Poppie, the center cooked up perfectly but I will have to work on my jelly filling technique.  All were happy with the results and almost all of the donuts got ate.  Cubbie and Boy took a tray home to eat, they had to eat dinner before they got to have theirs. 

This week is the second week of contributions for Bountiful Baskets.  We are so excited, it should run a little smoother, we hope we will have our baskets.  We should be getting a good routine started and maybe attracting more people to use the co-op.  I love answering any questions that people have about the co-op.  Word of mouth advertisement is the best kind and seems to travel as fast as gossip and we know how that spreads.  Bug even told someone about it and I got to give the details to a lady when he called me to explain it to her.  Fun.  Can't wait for the second coming....

I was tired last night after making dinner, and the donuts, so I jokingly asked Yogie to run me a bath, much like I have a dozen time this last year.  She laughed like normal and I thought nothing more of it.  I was sitting on the love seat awhile later, answering questions for Mokie as she did her taxes.  I heard the oddest sound but it really didn't resinate with me.  I was sitting there a little later and heard it again, it was a waterfall sound, which just didn't mesh with the sounds that I should have been hearing.  It is usually chaos in the house so sounds have to be really odd to draw my attention.  It dawned on me in a heart beat what the sound was.  I looked into my bathroom and sure enough there was a whole field of bubble afloat on my garden tube. I could see it like a mountain island towering out of a great ocean, all the way in the front room.  I said "the tube is running over."  I had no idea Yogie actually ran the tube and forgot it.  Poppie ran in to stop the water, he and Yogie used the carpet scrubber to suck up all the water, it took quite awhile, it was ice cold so it had been running a long time.  Oh, sad day, I did not get my bath, and I did not get to enjoy a bubble bath ran especially for me, alas maybe next time I will, I just hope in that future time the rug doesn't get my special treat.  I hope you have a great day and remember to keep the Lord in you foremost thoughts, he loves us and we need him everyday... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....