Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cougar killed my prize doeling, Caesar tried to be a hero. Traps are set.

This morning at feeding time Poppie discovered that Clover had been killed by the cougar.  The cougar has killed Pokaspot, goosey loosey, Guinea fowl and chickens this year.  Called the game warden and he advised due to funding cuts he would not be able to send the trapper but would come out to see what he could do.  I don't actually know why but he did get to send the trapper. The trapper set two open faced traps and caged the body of the doeling,  we have permission to unload our gun in to it's body if it gets caught.  It might make me feel a little better at losing Clover but it won't bring her back or compensate us for her loss. Caesar, accidentally or heroically, saved all the little goats, they were in the pen next to him, he and Rommy jumped in to the pen with the little ones and kept them from getting killed, probably made the cougar go after Clover as he couldn't kill one of the little ones.  He might have killed all of them so maybe a lesser loss in the long run, it still upset me to loses my first Boer female I had been working to produce.  Mokie gave me back her twin but she is a little set back and needs fattening, she had been weaned and off mom and moved so not as big and strong as Clover.

I don't like to pray for anyones death but tonight I am praying for the death of a cougar, we have been the victims of him, his mother and his father (who thank the Lord are now both dead) so we have more than given to the cause. The animal need to be gone, much like a nuisance bear needs to be destroyed, the kids had to spend the day indoors and can not go out with out an adult, no way for a child to spend the summer. Lord hear our pray, and protect us from the cougar..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....