Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cubbie is transforming, Market went well, How we love our kids and grandkids.

I think you might have wondered why over the course of the last couple months you have not heard any tales or naughty deeds of the Cubbie Bear.  Well as with alot of 2 and 1/2ish years old she is transforming somewhat like a caterpillar becomes a butterfly.  She has always been a bright little penny, just way to curious for her own good or our patience sometimes. Well her little brain is working, as it always has, and decided that language is good, obeying the rules to the edge, not over the edge, keeps you in a good light with adults, still very bright for her age.  She is much more rounded than Boy, she is more her own person and brave.  She is younger but no doubt will run his life for years to come, already does in many way.  She is maturing at a rapid pace.  She speaks if distinct sentences, but then as I can't and never could abide baby talk, my children always spoke and were spoken to on an honest level.  She uses "my" and not  "me" in her vocabulary, which I personally think is an advancement that some children don't make easy or early very often.  I spent all last spring trying to get the 4 and 1/2 year old pseudo grand kid to use to no avail.  I do realize girls are verbal younger than boys but then again the 4 and 1/2 year is a girl.  Cubbie walked at nine months so has really always been early in her progress.  Just glad she is finally on to being the wonderful little girl she is becoming, she is still a bright penny and a doll to spend time with now.  Oh, I am not saying she still doesn't have her Cubbie Bear spirit in there it's just she has taken control of her spirit and is guiding it so as to not get in trouble, it will be out again and regularly I am sure.

The Farmers Market went well, it was a little slow, the girls didn't do quite as well as the last couple weeks but still good. Yogie had a little girl come up that really wanted to buy a pie, but had no money.  The little girl came back a short while later with a Beanie Baby, she thought it was a true treasure and you could tell she cared for it.  She asked me if she could trade for the pie.  I told her that the pies were the girls and she could asked them.  Yogie was manning their both, they try to take turns but Booboo does alot more of the steady work, she asked Yogie the same questions.  Yogie gladly traded her and both were happy.  One of the other vendors shook their had at Yogie, I think maybe in a negative vein not sure.  I was of two minds, I was proud she made the trade, the little girls so wanted the pie.  I also knew she cherished the bear, so thought maybe it was a high price to pay, but then again their is pride in making your own way and she got to experience that as well. I think in the end Yogie was paid more than fairly for the pie, as the value the little girl had in the bear was more than the eight dollars.  I am raising a wonderful girl.   She walked early as well. 

My pride in my daughter and granddaughter, leads me to contemplate the relationships we have with our progeny.  I am a unique person in my up bringing, as we all are, when it comes down to the brass tax.  I am from the current developing baby boomer generation, though we are now on the over 50 sides of our lives.  I have read all the rhetoric about how we gave all to our children and made them the generation of not knowing about consequences and never knowing what no means, and many other opinions philosophers come up with.  I, my self, am like any other parent in the eons of time, just doing the best I can and love my children and grandchildren.  I do find it fun to read facebook or watch my friends approaches to the same task.

I am, and have always been, down to earth and a realist,  I don't sugar coat things and can be bluntly honest to a fault.  I try to not gossip but as, all sin, do and have, a lesson hard won in my life but am better with age. I try to see my children as who they are and not what I want them to be or with rose colored glasses on.  I do find by reading FaceBook, that all my friends love their children and grandchildren, they post stories, pictures and let us see a slice of their lives, an honor and surely a sidebar to the original purpose of Facebook.  I find Facebook alot like going to a public place and watching people interact with their families. There are the over protectors that kids have never done any thing wrong in their lives, they never have and never will, oh momma take off your glasses.
There are the in your face parents, that kids are outrageous and they defend their child's right to do anything they want and be damn the consequences, their child are their mirror image and haven't fallen far from the tree.  There are the one what kids breathed in and then breathed out, and every time they do they send out invitations to the event, I wonder why the child hasn't invented cold fusion yet.  I have heard them called helicopter parents, don't helicopters that hover to close to the ground crash?  I see the ones that are quiet and once in a while, with such bursting pride, they tell us something they can't keep in anymore, and then we wait again for another burst. I am not saying and don't think any of these approached are wrong.  They are all honest and unique, they are proof that God didn't make us from one cookie cutter, how sad would that be.  I am just saying that all of us have pride in our children. We love our lives, our loves, our children and now or in the future our grandkids.  So when you hear some one going on, and on, about theirs have some patience they love theirs the way you love yours and theirs are as special to them as yours are to you........ tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....