Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cougars in our yard at Noon!! Thank God the kids were not home.

I got home just before 1 from the Farmer's Market, we had a good day.  The girls nearly sold all their baked goods, I sold lots of soap, all but three of my new liquid shampoo's.  We got to visit with lots of friends and made new ones.  I got to talk goat milk soap and it's benefits to one and all.  I am a bit of a talker once I get going or stuck on a subject I am passionate about.  Poppie was scared when I got home.  He had been in his beloved garden weeding, at around noon, when the dogs began to bark and carry on.  He looked up toward the back yard and there walking as proud as you please was a mother cougar and her nearly grown kitten. They were in no hurry just strolling between the kids pool and the house.  Poppie did not have Bugs gun, he had been weeding and it was noon, he never suspected he would encounter cougars in broad daylight and need it.  They moussed along with out a care in the world.  Poppie came into the house to wait for me to get home.  He was so glad that the kids were at the grandparents and the grandkids were gone or at their homes.  He said he had almost let the little goats out to eat in the pen but thank goodness he had left them confined.  It is impossible to leave the big ones confined they have to get out and eat but the 4 little ones are left in an 8 by 8 walled pen.  I just can't describe the danger we feel.  Beard is going to contact his friend, that has dog, to see if he can get a permit to come track them.  Teenager the older, saw a young male cougar near the after birth of the calf they had a couple days ago, so we have confirmed sitings of at least 3 and maybe 4 stalking our neighborhood.  I hope it doesn't take the death of a child before the Fish, Wildlife and Parks takes us seriously..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....