Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Pump has died, Today is the day the Lord has made take joy in it.

I think one of my favorite verses in the Bible is 1 Thessalonians 5:18, In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. I have long remembered this verse when I have problems or down turns is my daily life.  It says to give thanks in all things, it doesn't say to pick and choose the things we give thanks for it says in everything, I would imagine that would mean all things.  I am not called  to understand Gods plan for me, I am called to give thanks for everything as that is his will for me in Jesus.  I find that sometimes it is not with in my understanding, in the moment, but in the plan of my life it is always the best plan.  It never fails to amaze me that when I get to look back on it, in hindsight, and see that indeed God is always right and his plan is the always the way for me.  Amen.

Today I am called to give thanks to the Lord for the pump being burned out, Poppie changed the capacitor and it is definitely the pump.  The pump is about 12 years old and at one point it ran three houses, I am sure that was a struggle on it as it is only a 1 hp pump.  It gave us a good long life, thank God for its effort on our behave.  Bug has come up with a motor for a 1 1/2 hp pump that is new.  He is going to help Poppie pull the pump and see if it can be fixed, cleaned or if the new motor can be used on it.  Poppie's friend also has access to pump parts so we will see if that is God's plan for us today.  Maybe in the end we will have to get a complete new one but I don't have the money for it so we will see on that front as well.  I am thankful that one of the jobs Poppie had when he could work was changing deep well pumps so he has the knowledge and know how to do that, God's plan I am sure. He has access to the equipment to do it as well, again God's plan.  I am sure at the time Poppie made these contacts or acquired the knowledge we had no thought to God's plan, but now the plan is becoming clear to us.  I don't really believe in coincidences I believe that God has a plan for us and we are enlightened to it as we live our lives. I thank God for all things and everything.  I think people say it some times as "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger",  I think that has the same meaning as, in everything praise God.

I am going to clean house today, help Poppie when he needs me, play with my Grand kids and Kids, who are all asleep on the floor, well not all, three anyway.  I am getting up to make waffles and pancakes, they can never agree on which so I just heat both pans. I am thankful that we have temporary water from Mokie and Son, they had gotten it from us for a year or so, so now they can repay the kindness of their water. Today is a wonderful day, it is a day that the Lord made, I praise him for it and all that entails...... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....