Monday, July 25, 2011

Homesteader, Time how do you spend yours? Is it a precious commodity in you life?

It has come to my attention that I am not a granola, always knew I wasn't, don't have the right political view to be one, but for a lack of a better word kind of associated that way.  I guess I am a homesteader, no not like a hundred years ago where you got free, hard worked for, land.  I am one of the boomers that has gone back to the land but, as a moderate republican not a granola type.  I try to live as I preach, I try to go back to the land, live simple and basic.  I have lots of animal, I love, and struggle to feed just like I struggle to feed my kids.  I try to be self sustaining, every one knows my politics, every one knows I pay it forward, help those less fortunate than myself, I share what God has blessed me with, I am not, have never been or will never be rich or even well off.  I live from paycheck to paycheck and sometimes hope or need the next one to come a little early.  No one would call be greedy, or selfish, some call me blunt but you always no where you stand with me.  I guess I am the flip side of a granola, head or tails the political opposite, sometimes it is funny how the opposites are so similar, twins of a different color you might say.

I find that when I look back at this spring I have done nothing, where has the time gone?  I know I have been busy doing lots but can't put my finger on really anything worth the telling of. The winter was long and miserable, then we were hit by massive heat.  I didn't get to acclimate so the heat is almost debilitating for me.  Time is such an amazing thing, it is finite, as I believe God knows the time of my death, it is limited and numbered for me, though I am living to 94 so have some time to go.  I find the older I get the more time is precious to me, I don't like to share my time frivolously, I have never been one to share it without thought.  I like to spend my time with family, a few friends, doing selected things.  I am not alot of fun in many situations, I am to serious and as I am perceived to be unfriendly, by some, I am rarely invited by other people.  I am at piece with that in ways, some times it hurts but it is the collateral damage from the way I have chosen to live my life. I am a great deal like my parents in that regard, I actively tried to be different for a long time but the training was there. I know I didn't fall to far from the tree, but I hope it other ways the wind blew me far afield. How do you spend your time?

Do you spend it with family? Do you travel? Do you spend your savings enjoying yourself after years of doing with out? Do you live everyday care free like the grasshopper, and count on an ant to get you through? Do you take time with a child, do you have the patience to let them learn at their pace and not do it yourself, one of the most valuable lessons I have ever learned.  My time and yours are our own, remember to respect the choice you make with yours and always respect how others spend their.  Here is time I spent with Booboo last week.

Take time today to contemplate time, how you spend it, who with you share it and remember it is not infinite but finite..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....