Saturday, July 23, 2011

Farmers Market, wonderful community response, friends new and old.

The Farmer's Market was another nice event.  I am so proud of the efforts of Peggy on behave of our community.  The community has needed something like this for so many years.  She has really put time and effort in an event that is growing.  More vendors each week, more buyers as well, the comradery and fun is growing and the weekly developments are fun to watch.  It is really nice to have this here and not have to go to Zootown or farther to experience the grass root market and products of your friends and neighbors. Kudos for a job well done to all involved.

I am finding that my soap is doing very well at the Farmer's Market.  Soap has it own appeal, though their are two of us that sell it our soaps are immensely different.  I have a broader scope to my soaps and she has a more singular style.  I have a line of laundry, liquid, shampoos, and will be expanding to shaving soap, deodorants, and toothpastes just for starters.  I find that a person can only have so much soap and as mine tends to last a long time return clients don't need to come back often but that they love it and tell there friends brings in new sales. I love to talk about soap and goats so the Market gives me a new audience each week. Sometimes people passing through the community, sometimes people I don't know in the community and make new connections with, other times old friends I haven't gotten to see for a long time and find that I can reconnect at the Market. Again, I can't say enough about the good it is doing in our community.

Grandkids spent the night last night, stayed with Poppie while the girls and I went to the market, now all are swimming in the pool.  I have soap to make, my inventory is getting a little low, a good thing, so I can make more.  I got my Castor oil so am going to make shampoo today as well. I have shaving soap to rebatch too, so much fun to get to work on them.  Have a great Saturday, do something you enjoy even if it is something others find to be work, I know I am not shy about doing so....... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....