Monday, July 18, 2011

The pump is hanging, they dropped it but they saved it, long hot day.

I got the kids up at about 8ish, the grand kids live a later life than we do so they had to be encouraged to go to sleep the night before so it was around 10 ish before all had settled down. I made them waffles and eggs. They ate up with different digress of interest in their breakfast.  They finished up and went out to play.  Poppie went and got his slop from the local restaurant.  He was still gone when I got a call from Bug on the cell phone, we are a little backwards and use less than 500 minutes a year on our tracfone, we don't have regular cell service as we would never use it enough to pay for the service. I answered and Bug had  thought he might catch his dad.  Dad had forgotten it, part of why we use so few minutes.  He wondered why Poppie was out on diamond rd and blew by him, I told him I didn't know why his dad was out there but I would have him call.  Poppie got home a short time later and he called Bug.  Bug was teasing him, he had seen him but was Poppie had not driven by him. He thought it would make him call faster.  They made plans for Bug to come help with the well.

They got started on the well just before noon, they were doing fairly well.  They worked out how they would support the pipes as they removed and unhooked them.  The first one seemed to go well, I did not go out there but I can see the well across the yard through my picture window in the living room.  I was rebatching soaps, scenting liquid soaps and talking to Daughter. The first pipe came out after awhile, the nest two came up and at a bit faster pace as they had worked out the kinks in their operation.  Daughter had gone home for a couple hours and had left M to play with the girls. Yogie went up to her Uncles house to visit, she had intended to visit her Aunt Sister but Sister was sleeping so Yogie was helping her Uncle wet down the driveway, so the dust would settle.  Booboo and M were playing with Cubbie and Boy at Mokie's.  Daughter returned about 4 ish.  I decided I would go out to check on their progress.  I just got out there when Bug said, "you don't want to be here just go back to the house." 

I was totally at a loss at his response to my coming out to see them.  Well they had just dropped the pump.  The chain had slipped and Bug had tried to stomp on the chain but, thank the Lord, it had slid free of his foot.  Poppie told me it would have taken his leg off or hurt him badly had he caught it.  Bug said when the pump dropped he looked over at Poppie and Poppie had turned white.  They were both scared that they would not be able to retrieve it and it would cost more retrieve than had they just had someone fix it in the first place.  Bug sent Daughter to his house for items he thought they would need to fix it.  Son came over and found they had dropped the pump and stayed to help.  Yesterday was Mokie and Son's 7th anniversary.  They and the two kids had spent the night in Zootown and had come home a few hours earlier. 

Daughter returned with the items.  Bug used his spotting light to look down the hole, it has 30,000 candle light brightness, he could see the electric wire all coiled up at the top of the pipe still in the hole.  Bug and Son, who are not always comfortable with each other as they are very different, decided they could hook it.  They worked together to make a three pronged hook, much like the hook they use to catch alligators on the different alligator shows. I know I digressed.   Bug promised it to Boy when they were done with it.  Their plan was to hook the wire knot and pull it up.  They put the hook down the casing and Bug successfully hooked the knot of wire.  He pulled it up, to fast for Poppie as Poppie was afraid he would drop it.  Bug slowed down as it got higher and higher as the knot got smaller and smaller.  It got to about as high as they thought they could go and still keep it hooked, they then used a slip knot on a wire that Bug fashioned and grabbed the end of the wire.  They successfully pulled the wire up and secured it for the night to a tree, the Kubota and anything else Bug thought he could wrap it around to keep it secure, he was making sure it didn't get dropped again.  I had fed the kids around six but Poppie and Bug wouldn't eat, Poppie ate at this point but Bug wouldn't.   He has lost a lot of weight this summer. He and Daughter have been having problems and like his dad when he is stressed he won't eat, and again, like his dad has no weight to lose.   He wouldn't eat even then.  They left soon and took the girls home, Bug wanted all the kids to hot tub with him. 

I am very proud of all three of the men who worked so hard to retrieve the pump.  I don't always see them as hard working, problem solving men.  They are usually my sweetie, my baby boy and my daughters sweetie so it was interesting to see them in such a different light, but they are all a blessing to his family in more ways than they will ever know, differences aside..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....