Friday, July 8, 2011

Sister to have the hole in her heart fixed again. Praying it is soon and successfull this time.

Sister let my know that she had had her doctor appointment yesterday.  The results were as suspected, the hole in her heart has reopened and the doctor needs to refix it. He's soonest opening is the 15th of August but due to her extenuating circumstance, her concussion history and that she is continually passing out, if they have a cancellation she will get in sooner. So in essence she is on standby. In this day and age to be on standby is so odd, she is taking it in stride. I pray the time speeds by for her and  her surgery is totally successful this time. I know she was the most healthy, she had been in years or maybe actually in her life, when they had fixed the hole last time. The hole, as I understand it, was always there, it just became more apparent as she got older. Hoping this chapter of her health life is closed soon and she can get to be the best of herself soon.

I am so proud of my Ladies. They each took turns baking their farmer's market items yesterday. Yogie made the pies.  She mixed the dough, rolled it, I transferred to the pan, as it was very flaky.  She put in the filling we had made last summer and froze to use this summer. She marked the tops with her own artistic flair and crimped the edges. Booboo's turn came next she chopped the bread into 1/2 inch cubes put them in the pan, she had buttered,  added raisins to the one to be cinnamon raisin.  She melted the butter and brown sugar to bubbling and then added the goats milk and turned off the heat to cool. She beat the eggs, added the soda, and tempered the eggs with the milk, then added it to the milk.  The whole mixture covered the bread and were popped into the oven. Next each got to mix a cake or quick bread, Yogie made fresh apple cake batter, Booboo sliced the apples. Booboo mixed the batter for the pineapple pumpkin bread. Both were very proud of there accomplishments.  They are both becoming very good bakers. They know how to make sure the measurements are accurate. They flatting the cup and spoons properly. They take pride in the knowledge they have and are learning. Proud momma here.

Belle's son was to come and swim in the pool, as a reward for a good deed this week, but due to a thunderstorm will have to come a different day. We were weeding when the storm came in, but did get some of the weeding done. Poppie is so proud of this greenhouse and keeps it very weeded and tidy.  He buckled it all down when the storm arrived. After the storm passed the sun came out again in all it's glory, Belle's son could have come but she has been ill and had already taken her meds so couldn't bring him.  I hope she gets well soon. She has an illness that the hot summer aggravates.  I have added her to my prayers with Sister. Mokie and family were gone when it came time to milk so Poppie and the ladies did it themselves.  The girls each milked out a goat. Poppie can't actually milk as a child his thumbs were both broken, and no one had them fixed, so he can not actually bend the joints in his thumbs.  I think he could milk but he is sure he can't as he had tried to milk a cow, but that was as a child as well, so I think we could and would be good at it, but he won't even try.  I think he is afraid he would be good at it and have to milk more. The girls did a great job, Booboo helped finish Yogie's goat. They do alot of their best work team work style.  I do spend alot of time helping them to be a team on alot of their endeavors. There is nothing wrong with your sister being your best friend. I know mine is, and they are at this point, probably a life time relationship.

Coffee is brewing and the day is calling.............. tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I have always believed that everything happens for a reason... I guess there must be some reason that I am meant to deal with this fast heart beat again, and the passing out. I really don't know what that could be... but I guess we aren't meant to know the reason why a lot of times. Just only meant to deal. I guess that everyone has there different problems to deal with in life. I just pray that my heart is fixed for good this time. Sis

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....