Saturday, July 2, 2011

Nice Farmer's Market. It is growing into a great summer time event for our community.

I took soap with me to sell and the girls had their usually wares.  They had 8 pies, two of which were oatmeal, new this week.  They also had pans of cinnamon sticky frosted rolls and orange rolls.  They had their regular wonderful day, for two little girls.  They sold all of the rolls, one of our friends who hadn't been there this summer, as a vendor, had single cinnamon buns.  They  had a few items left over and we gave some to the event coordinator.  She is a good friend of mine and is so supportive of my soap endeavor.  She helped me sell soap to a lot of people this morning.  We have been friend about 25 years so it was nice to get out and see her.  Belle and her two little ones did their best ever.  Belle unveiled her organic salve. I can't remember it's name right off hand so won't say something and have it be the wrong name. She has been making it for years and I think this is the first time she has sold it at the Farmer's market.  I am currently on an ebay mission to find her some containers in different sizes for this salve and another one she makes so she can market them more readily.  I got to see lots of people I hadn't seen for awhile and enjoyed the day with my little ladies.  I actually made quite a bit of money and as I had broken even last week, at the MADE Fair, it was nice.  It tells me that you have to develop your market, locally I have the knowledge of the community and since it doesn't cost as much to get in to the market and no real travel cost, developing clientele here is an easier proposition. Grandpa said he didn't do well in Zootown today either, he will probably stay at the local market as well. I have said it before, I have to put true effort into developing my Internet sales, so Tuesday, I will finish my carving order, and take photos of my inventory. I will list somethings everyday, right after I blog, so that I am listing daily on etsy.  I will list items on eBay, maybe ones I hadn't thought would sell there before. I will finish developing my blog selling pages as well. I have a new goal, always good to have a goal.

Hibernated a little this afternoon, worked on gettting the rest of my sewing moved to the studio, tomorrow we have to finish house chores and yard chores to ready for monday.  I started thawing the brisket and sirloin, not sure if I am going to do ribs or pulled pork as the final meat.  Poppie can't wait to get smoking.  Michael is taking Poppie to hook up with the fireworks guy, they buy fireworks from every year.  There should be lots of fun had by all..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....