Friday, July 22, 2011

Rained all night Gods blessinngs coming down, Baking, I hope some resting.

We woke up to the wonderful sounds of raining, the dripping from the roof, the gray song of the drops hitting the vent in the bathroom,  an orchestra of lyrical tones.  The cleansing smell wafts through the windows, the cool moist air; all welcome visitors to our home. A summer night shower is such a blessing and reprieve from the heat to come. My home is still silent as all catch the last moments of slumber and rest before a day fill with plenty to do. 

We have baking to do today, I ask Booboo, as she was my faithful assistant yesterday, "what is your favorite part of baking day?"  She said, "My favorite part is spending time with you mom, I love you?"  I was so happy at her answer, I think mostly because I didn't expect it.  She is 7 and Mom is still a wonderful person, my only hope is she always loves me or returns to her love after the teenager years have come and gone. I know teenagers love you too, but some days it's hard to remember and goodness know they probably aren't going to tell you, it's their little secret that know one should know. We made braided bread, which so reminded me or when I used a red, blue and green pieces of string to teach them to braid at three. They could see the different in the yarn and it helped the teaching click.  Booboo is a very literal person, she is very verbatim, she will repeat the rules or the lesson back to you days of months later, word for word.  She would say; fold the three ends to together, mold the first piece of dough over the next and mold it so it is nice, bring the second piece over and the first piece under... her little mind trying to remember and braid all at once.  She was pleased with her braids. They turned out lovely and we made one that was a cinnamon roll twist. All in all a wonderful mother daughter day, right in the middle of grand kids and kids coming to and fro and making chaos all around us.  I would say my life and home are quite often reminiscent of controlled chaos, should be my motto. 

Poppie, Mokie and I were all a little sick yesterday, Poppie and I upset to our stomachs and Mokie very sick, not sure if hers was Chrons or a bug like us.  She couldn't take the smells of Booboo's baking.  Poppie rested in his chair a bit and tried to feel better.  I rested between baking times and raising yeast.  Today we bake again, not sure if Yogie will join us or not, sometimes she just needs to chill and this week maybe one of those weeks. No baking next week, next week is Yogie's birthday week and we will go camping, we always go camping for her birthday.  We get to go fishing, hiking, wienie roasting and smore making.  The goats will be at home and we won't, we will escaped if only for a few day, Poppie will worry and will be ready to come home after two night as he hasn't gotten to fix the camper bed so will hurt from it.  The fun and discomforts of camping all rolled up in one, but we will come home rejuvenated and ready to take on the world.  The grand kids may come for one night this year, Yogie got to invite them to come and share her special time, Bug's three, not Cubbie and Boy, they would be afraid to stay all night.

The pump dry fired well, it is back in the ground and ready to go, they forgot that they needed to increase the size of the control box, and blew the capacitor so I had to order a new control box to accommodate the 1 1/2 hp motor and not the 1 hp motor. It should be here is a few days, so the well saga continues but joy at the progress is a relief and we are blessed at the progress being made. Coffee to make, Poppie is still sleeping so we are behind schedule this morning, we are being a little slugabed..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....