Sunday, October 30, 2011

One of our neighbors died, sad day for their family, a live well lived.

I just heard the the oldest member of our neighborhood died.  He would have been 94 in March.  He was a remarkable man and I am sure he will be missed by his family, a large one, and all the lives he touched.  He was born the same day as my Grand Father Martin, my mothers father.  My parents always had a special place in their hearts for him.  He was the father of seven or eight children, I am not sure the actual number, he had numerous grandchildren, and great grandchildren and maybe even great great grandchildren.  He had been a loving son to his mother who lived to be about the same age as he did.  He had had poor health for the last few years, and he lived in his home with this son and daughter in law who all took good care of him.  His body may have failed him but from all accounts his mind was sharp. He is the man who owned our property and all the properties of the neighbors around us before we bought them. He lead a full and colorful life and will be truly missed by all that knew and loved him. I had the good fortune of dancing with him once, at the County Fair, he was a man of charm, charisma and was a gentlemen to the bottom of his feet, and he could dancing, even in his eighties, like Fred Estaire. I am sure he struggled to keep my left feet from stepping on his but he was a grand old soul and thanked me for the dance.   Godspeed, Ken.....

Ken's passing makes me ask if I am living my life in a way God would find as faithful and good.  I have contemplated and I would have to say yes, on the whole.  I try to live by God's word to the best of my ability.  I have made choices that have been bad but when I find that I have failed God I try to repent and live the way God asks me too.  I am so glad that my life will be judged by God and not man.  Man always has an agenda when he judges.  God see us through his son Jesus if we have made Christ our savior. I have made Jesus my savior and try my best to live the way he asks me to.  I read and study my bible to see what it is that he asks of me.  I have raised all my children to believe in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.  Man's opinion of my life does matter to me in that I don't want to be a stumbling block to any who would seek God but I don't live my life to impress people or live my life as they would have me live it.  The bottom line is it is my life to live and I only have to answer to God for the choices I make.  I am mindful of that each and everyday, I may not be where I want to be in my life but I try my best to get there everyday.

John 3:16, God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son and who soever believes on him shall not perish but have ever lasting life..... amen..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....