Monday, October 24, 2011

Piggie moving a trip to be sure, some didn't like it and some were really mad.

We started moving piglets in the morning.  Poppie fed them slop from the kitchen, and garden wastes, still being pulled from the garden.  They started in on their feast and Poppie reached over and caught one by a back foot.  They don't usually squeal when caught that way.  No noise and he handed one to me, he caught a second one and we were off to walk them over to the new pen.  The trip was uneventful and short.  We caught two more that way, Yogie came forward and carried one.  The process was pretty straight forward then Swiss Miss Chops figured out what we were doing.  She no longer could be tricked by food.  She started placing her body between them and Poppie.  We finally manage to get all but three piglets out of the pen.  She was pretty upset so we left her with them and started doing yard work intending to retry later in the afternoon. 

Cleo and Caesar both jump in to the new piglet pen to steal their grain.  We had to remove them and tie up Caesar.  Cleo was put in a different pen but the usually incapable of jumping doe climbed the fence and returned to the harassing the piglets.  I finally locked her in the barn.  She was upset and pounded the door with her horns.  I later let her out.  We had to put the food in the little piglet cabin and put a sheet of plywood over the door so only the little piglets could get in to keep the goats from jumping into the pen and stealing the grain.  Grain is like candy to a goats and they are like little kids that don't know when enough is enough. They can bloat from eating very much grain but have no restrain in stealing it so have to be protected from themselves. 

We burned and did yard work.  Mokie had to call 911 when the neighbors turned there music up so loud that we couldn't hear our own TV two acres over.  A officer came, music turned down and then ceased. Son helped Poppie catch the last three piglets, Swiss Miss Chops was very angry with all of us.  We got the last three piglets away and she screamed for about a half an hour and got upset every time she heard one squeak.  Poppie checked them before dark and three of the little ones manage to get out and run back to momma's pen, they couldn't decide to stay with her or go back to their siblings. The three little pigs ran back and forth in indecision, sounds like a nursery rhyme. 

I am at peace this morning and spent several hours in prayer during the night, God gave me comfort and strength to go on.  He reassured me that anger is not the answer, as no one deserves the right to control another person by their own anger, it is a lesson I have well and truly learned this year and am glad to be free of a mind numbing monster that it can be.  I am ready for the happiness and gladness this day will bring, God has blessed my life and no one can take that away from me.... tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. NEIGHBORS ARE THE WHOLE COMMUNITY (town-state-nation-world).
    NOT JUST THOSE YOU SEE OUT YOUR WINDOW.

    MAY THESE SCRIPTURES BE A BENEFIT TO ALL.

    Ephesians 4

    25 Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body.
    26 “In your anger do not sin”[d]: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry,
    27 and do not give the devil a foothold.
    28 Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.

    29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
    30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
    31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.
    32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

    Leviticus 19:18
    “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.
    Leviticus 19:17-19 (in Context) Leviticus 19 (Whole Chapter)

    Matthew 5:43
    [ Love for Enemies ] “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
    Matthew 5:42-44 (in Context) Matthew 5 (Whole Chapter)

    Matthew 19:19
    honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”
    Matthew 19:18-20 (in Context) Matthew 19 (Whole Chapter)

    Matthew 22:39
    And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
    Matthew 22:38-40 (in Context) Matthew 22 (Whole Chapter)

    Mark 12:31
    The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
    Mark 12:30-32 (in Context) Mark 12 (Whole Chapter)

    Mark 12:33
    To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”
    Mark 12:32-34 (in Context) Mark 12 (Whole Chapter)

    Luke 10:27
    He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ ; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”
    Luke 10:26-28 (in Context) Luke 10 (Whole Chapter)

    Romans 13:9
    The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
    Romans 13:8-10 (in Context) Romans 13 (Whole Chapter)

    Romans 13:10
    Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
    Romans 13:9-11 (in Context) Romans 13 (Whole Chapter)

    Galatians 5:14
    For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
    Galatians 5:13-15 (in Context) Galatians 5 (Whole Chapter)

    James 2:8
    If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing right.
    James 2:7-9 (in Context) James 2 (Whole Chapter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the Lord askes me to love my neighbor, I do love my neighbors world wide generically as I am called to do so. I also pray to the Lord regularly that his will be done to my enemies, I know not what the Lord plans for my enemies and it concerns me very little as I never go to sleep angry at anyone. I have prayed and given my anger over to the Lords daily for years. Most anyone who truly knows me knows that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalm 71

    1In you, O Lord, I have taken refuge;

    let me never be put to shame.

    2Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness;

    turn your ear to me and save me.

    3Be my rock of refuge,

    to which I can always go;

    give the command to save me,

    for you are my rock and my fortress.

    4Deliver me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked,

    from the grasp of evil and cruel men.

    5For you have been my hope, O Sovereign Lord,

    my confidence since my youth.

    6From birth I have relied on you;

    you brought me forth from my mother’s womb.

    I will ever praise you.

    7I have become like a portent to many,

    but you are my strong refuge.

    8My mouth is filled with your praise,

    declaring your splendor all day long.

    9Do not cast me away when I am old;

    do not forsake me when my strength is gone.

    10For my enemies speak against me;

    those who wait to kill me conspire together.

    11They say, “God has forsaken him;

    pursue him and seize him,

    for no one will rescue him.”

    12Be not far from me, O God;

    come quickly, O my God, to help me.

    13May my accusers perish in shame;

    may those who want to harm me

    be covered with scorn and disgrace.

    14But as for me, I will always have hope;

    I will praise you more and more.

    15My mouth will tell of your righteousness,

    of your salvation all day long,

    though I know not its measure.

    16I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord;

    I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.

    17Since my youth, O God, you have taught me,

    and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.

    18Even when I am old and gray,

    do not forsake me, O God,

    till I declare your power to the next generation,

    your might to all who are to come.

    19Your righteousness reaches to the skies, O God,

    you who have done great things.

    Who, O God, is like you?

    20Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter,

    you will restore my life again;

    from the depths of the earth

    you will again bring me up.

    21You will increase my honor

    and comfort me once again.

    22I will praise you with the harp

    for your faithfulness, O my God;

    I will sing praise to you with the lyre,

    O Holy One of Israel.

    23My lips will shout for joy

    when I sing praise to you—

    I, whom you have redeemed.

    24My tongue will tell of your righteous acts

    all day long,

    for those who wanted to harm me

    have been put to shame and confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the new country song "I'll pray for you" fits your neighbors very well!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....