Saturday, December 3, 2011

I love the First Ammendment and the right it gives us all, I also love the letter of the law.

I do so love that the First Amendment gives me the right to write about anything I want, I have never been stupid in my life and have never slandered anyone in my blog and can prove it.  I also love that the law gives us rights when we are violated by others.  I have Copyrighted my blog and if you would like to reprint it you have to have permission to do so, that is the law, a federal law.


The following is a complete copy of the first amendment in regards to freedom of speech.

The most basic component of freedom of expression is the right of freedom of speech. The right to freedom of speech allows individuals to express themselves without interference or constraint by the government. The Supreme Court requires the government to provide substantial justification for the interference with the right of free speech where it attempts to regulate the content of the speech. A less stringent test is applied for content-neutral legislation. The Supreme Court has also recognized that the government may prohibit some speech that may cause a breach of the peace or cause violence. For more on unprotected and less protected categories of speech see advocacy of illegal action, fighting words, commercial speech and obscenity. The right to free speech includes other mediums of expression that communicate a message.  The level of protection speech receives also depends on the forum in which it takes place.   
Despite popular misunderstanding the right to freedom of the press guaranteed by the first amendment is not very different from the right to freedom of speech. It allows an individual to express themselves through publication and dissemination. It is part of the constitutional protection of freedom of expression. It does not afford members of the media any special rights or privileges not afforded to citizens in general.

I take great pride in writing a truthful honest blog and to my knowledge I have never knowingly lied but have been brutally honest in most instances. Truth is defined as follows in the dictionary for
children, I chose the simplest definition to paste so no one would misunderstand it's meaning.
Pronunciation: primarystresstrüth
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural truths /primarystresstrüthz, primarystresstrüths/
1 : the quality or state of being true
2 : a true or accepted statement
3 : the body of real events or facts
4 : agreement with fact or reality
- in truth : in fact : ACTUALLY, REALLY

Furthermore I am including the meaning of slander so no one forgets that truth and slander are not remotely the same thing. Slander is something I have never included in my blog but on some occasions have reported about it and the gossip that accompanies it. Generally the guilty conscious of the person who practices slander are the ones that can't tell the difference between the truth and slander so I just wanted to pointed out the difference by listing both of the meanings.

slanderous - (used of statements) harmful and often untrue; tending to discredit or malign
harmful - causing or capable of causing harm; "too much sun is harmful to the skin"; "harmful effects of smoking

In closing I would just like to say the blogging is protected by the first amendment and my right to express my first amendment right is not something anyone has the right to take away from me especially when I am very careful to hold truth in my heart and soul.  I have never slandered anyone on my blog but find the cold hard truth much more an interesting subject to blog about.  It is much more edgy and subject to conversation.  Slander is generally a product of a malious persons fantasy and I have no desire to write a fictional accounting of my life... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....